History has shown that those with an optimistic outlook on life are the ones who usually find the most success.
Changing your negative mental attitude to a positive one results in a completely different lifestyle, both personally and professionally. When you change your mindset and increase your positivity, you would be surprised how failed startups and a depressed state would make you start having a successful business.
Here are five tips that can help you release the negative mentality and become more positive:
1. Express gratitude. One of the easiest ways to increase your positivity is to express gratitude. Being thankful for what you currently have immediately releases any negativity that you might be holding onto. Gratitude instantly puts you in touch with the feeling of love. Where love resides, fear and all other negative emotions cannot.
The best and most effective way to implement gratitude in your life is to express it every morning. Upon waking up, express 10 things you are grateful for. This list can either be spoken out loud or within the confines of your mind, but they must be detailed and come from your heart. Closing your eyes can further help you feel gratitude.
2. Be a giver. Many times, negative feelings can be caused by focusing on the perceived negative aspects of your life. You can instantly shift this feeling by giving unconditionally to others.
Share your skills with the people around you. If someone is looking for advice, help them out. Do not hesitate or doubt your value. Even the smallest of gestures or thoughts shared can cause a massive shift in another individual’s perspective.
3. Control your breath. It has been said that those who have the ability to control their breath have the ability to control their life. In many aspects, this statement is very true. Look back to a time when you lost control. What happened to your breathing pattern? In anger, your breath became short and quick. If you control your breath, you can understand and change your negative emotions.Either in a quiet space or during meditation, practice following your breathing. As you take a breath in (through your nose), feel the air enter your body and go deep into your lungs. As it hits the deepest part of your lungs, feel it slowly leave your body (through your mouth) and release any and all tension.
4. Visualize success. Tapping into your ability to visualize or imagine can be used as a powerful tool to become more positive. Many of the world’s greatest minds, including Oprah Winfrey, Will Smith, Tiger Woods and Arnold Schwarzenegger, have been known to use the power of visualization to attract what they desire throughout life, so why aren’t you?
Begin by closing your eyes. Think of a positive event that occurred in your past. In your mind’s eye, see the event exactly as it happened. Place yourself within the event and feel the positive emotions as they occurred. When you open your eyes, allow yourself to stay in this positive state. The effects of visualization can be multiplied if meditation is practiced beforehand.
5. Meditate. Meditation is one of the most effective ways to increase your positivity. The practice of meditation expands awareness within the individual and allows for a clear connection between mind, body and soul. Through meditation, you can learn to release negative emotions that are holding you back and connect with your higher self.
Find a quiet and comfortable place to sit, lie down or do whatever feels right to you. Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and allow yourself to relax. While breathing deeply, feel yourself letting go of all the emotions you are holding onto. With each breathe, let go a little more. As you let go, realize everything around you is made of love and allow yourself to live within this love.
If you implement these tactics and practice these techniques, you will be connected to the flow of life and you will find more “luck” than you ever have before.